Viewing Instructor Comments on Your Assignments
If your instructor uses inline grading in Blackboard, you may be able to view your grade and any comments your instructor made to your assignment submission right in your browser.
How to review a graded assignment inline
- Navigate to the assignment - either from the assignment link itself, or from one of the options for accessing your grades in Blackboard.
- You may need to click on the title of the assignment to view the Review Submission History for that assignment.
- The Review Submission History page will display your grade and any submissions.
- Click on the title of the submission to view the file. You can usually view this right in the browser without having to download the file, depending on the file type and browser. You can see your file along with comments, markups and feedback from your instructor.
- The Crocodoc toolbar allows you to adjust the view size using the magnifying glass icons.
- You can Download the original file, or an annotated PDF with your instructor's comments.
Supported Formats for Inline Viewing
- When you submit a document through an assignment, that document is converted to a format that is viewable inside a web browser.
- Supported document types that can be converted are Word (DOC, DOCX), PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX), Excel (XLS, XLSX), and PDF.
- The converted document is displayed in a viewer on the assignment attempt page. Formatting and embedded images of the original document are preserved in the conversion.
- The viewer is supported on current versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. No plug-in or other application is necessary.
- If you uploaded a file that is not in a format supported by the inline viewer, then you will not see the viewer.
If you have any questions about your assignment, contact your instructor.