Copy and paste does not format correctly or brings over unrecognizable characters, for example, when copying from Word or from one part of Blackboard to another.
Workaround 1: Use Notepad or another plain text editor option to copy and paste the text as plain text.
- Copy the text by using keyboard shortcuts or mouse action.
- Paste the text to Notepad
- Select the text in Notepad, copy the text using keyboard shortcuts or mouse action
- Using keyboard shortcuts only, paste the text into the new Blackboard location
Workaround 2: Some content areas in Blackboard include a Remove Formatting button.
- Highlight the text you want to copy in your Word file, then copy it (CTRL + C).
- Go to Blackboard, then to the place you wish to paste your text, place your cursor in the box and paste (CTRL + V).
- Once your text is in the text editor space, highlight everything by pressing (CTRL + A) to select all
- Then use the “Remove Formatting” option in the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) tools. You can find it on the right side of the top row of icons.