Be sure to carefully read and follow any directions from your instructor. Instructors control which tools and features will be used in their Blackboard classes and set the assignment requirements.
Use Firefox or Chrome. Do not use Edge, Internet Explorer or Safari.
Some instructors use the Assignment tool in Blackboard. Generally, to submit an assignment using the Assignments tool in Blackboard:
- Click the assignment title.
- Review the instructions, including rubrics (if used).
- Download, save and rename any files provided by your instructor. Save to a permanent storage location (i.e. H drive, your personal computer, USB drive).
- Complete the assignment. The content editor box can be used to type and format text, add files, images, links, multimedia and more. If your response is in a separate file, click “Browse My Computer”. Locate and select the file you want to add. If you have more than one file to submit, make sure you do so at the same time.
- You may add comments to your instructor in the Comments box.
- Click “Submit”. When you finish your assignment, you must click “Submit” in order for your instructor to receive your completed assignment. Wait for the confirmation success message.
- Your instructor can read, comment, and evaluate submitted assignments through the Gradebook.
Save vs Submit buttons
Save means that you plan to continue to work on the assignment. Your instructor cannot see your assignment until you click Submit.
When you have completed an assignment, be sure to click "Submit" so that your instructor receives the assignment.