Microsoft Office 365 - for current Madison College students at no cost through our college agreement with Microsoft - the Microsoft Student Advantage program:
Or to Install, click "Install Desktop Applications", Click "Install".
System Requirements: Office Mobile for Android phones can be installed on phones running OS 4.0 or higher. Office apps for Android tablet can be installed on tablets running Android KitKat 4.4 or higher with a minimum screen size of 7 inches and an ARM-based processor.
1) Open the Google Play store and sign in with your Google account if prompted.
2) On your Android, download Microsoft Word, Excel or Powerpoint or OneNote for Android phones from the Google Play store. Or if your phone is running Android OS prior to v4.4, download Office Mobile from the Google Play store.
3) Select "Install" and then "Accept and Download" when prompted. The app will now install and may take several minutes
4) Once the app is installed, open it.
5 Scroll through the intro screens and then select "Getting Started"
6) Sign in using your Madison College email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7) If prompted, select "Organizational Account"
8) When prompted for the password, enter your Madison College network/email account password.
9) The app will finish activating. You'll see a screen with sample documents when activation is complete.
Microsoft offers three office apps that are designed specifically for the iPad: Word for iPad, Excel for iPad, PowerPoint for iPad. Each iPad app is installed separately. If you have a 3rd generation or higher iPad, you have the option to install "Microsoft Office Mobile" instead, which installs mobile versions of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint using a single interface. The iPad must be running iOS 7.0 or later.
1) Go to the app store on the iPad (you'll need to use your iTunes account)
2) Select "Search" and Enter the name of the app you'd like to install.
3) Select the "Free" button and a circle will appear that will show the progress of the install. The install make take several minutes. When the install is done, the button will change to "Open"
4) Select the "Open" button and you will be prompted to sign in. Sign in to activate the install using your Madison Colege email address (email@example.com) as the email address.
5) If prompted to select the "Microsoft Account" or "Organizational Account" select "Organizational Account"
6) Enter your Madison College network/email password.
7) You will be asked whether you want to send information to Microsoft or not. Select whichever option you prefer.
The app should now be activated and ready for use.
Windows Mobile: Office 2013 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. Windows 8 or higher required. Office Mobile applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote) require Windows 10.
Sign In to Office 365 - Use your Madison College email address to sign in. If you previously used a version of Microsoft Office 2013, even a trial version, or use another Microsoft account, you may need to sign out of that account before signing in with your new Madison College account. The license for your subscription is tied to your college email.
Offline Access - You can use the software offline. However, you must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify you are still eligible for the program.
Access after graduation or when no longer enrolled - When you graduate or are not taking classes, your Office 365 subscription will end and you will no longer be able to use the software for free. You will no longer have an option to install the software. You will not be able to modify documents, but should still be able to view your locally saved documents. If you choose to, you could then purchase a consumer version.
Existing Purchases or Subscriptions - If you purchased or subscribed to a version of Microsoft Office, you can continue to use that instead. Students are not required to install or use the Microsoft Student Advantage program. Refunds or reimbursements are not available. Microsoft Office 365 Student Advantage and its license is only valid while you are a student at Madison Area Technical College.