The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board offers several online resources that can help provide accurate answers to these questions.
• General voter information is available at http://gab.wi.gov/voters
• Students can learn where to vote at https://myvote.wi.gov.
• First-time voter and voter registration information can be found at http://gab.wi.gov/voters/first-time
The League of Women Voters also offer a web site at http://www.vote411.org that can help students find their polling places and register to vote.
Students will need to be registered to vote at the address where they lived as of Oct. 7. They can register prior to the election at their city, village or town office and at the polls on Election Day. Madison and Sun Prairie residents also have the option of registering at their libraries through Oct. 15.
In order to register to vote, students will need to provide proof of residence. These can be paper or electronic. Some examples are:
• Wisconsin driver’s license or state ID, which must be valid and show your current address.
• A utility bill or cell phone bill.
• A residential lease that is effective on the day of registration.
• Any government document that shows your home address, including mailings from Madison College.
• The myMadisonCollege address screen.
Other examples of acceptable proof of residence can be found on the GAB website.