Printing at Madison College for Guest Users
Madison College no longer provides free printing for non-affiliated (guest) users. However, you may register to create your own print account (PaperCut account) in order to add money and print in areas of the college that permit computer access for non-students.
After registering your PaperCut account, you will be able to add money using a credit/debit card, ACH (checking/savings account), or a prepaid print card, which will be available for purchase at many Madison College campuses. You will be able to add a minimum of $1 or a maximum of $5 to your print account, and you do not need to use your balance up all at once. Any money added to your print account is non-refundable.
How do I print as a guest user?
- In areas where the college permits computer access for guests, have a staff member log you in to a computer. You will see the following pop-up anytime you try to print:
- If you haven't yet registered for a print account (PaperCut account), click on the link in the lower right hand corner that says "Guests click here to register". You will be redirected to a page that will allow you to sign up for your own print account. You will then be able to add money to the account just like a student can--credit/debit card, ACH (checking/savings account), or a prepaid print card.
- Enter your personal information. Choose a user name (it will start with guest-) and a password.
- You will then receive an account confirmation page. Make sure you keep your username and password written down in a safe place.
- When you are logged in to your print account, you will see your print balance appear in the Print Smart window on your desktop.
- Go back to the document that you would like to print. When you get the popup window asking for your college username and password, enter in the username and password that you have just created. The cost of your job will be deducted from your account and will be reflected in your print smart account.
- You can change your password by clicking on the Change Details link in your print account online.
Questions? Contact the Student Computer Help Desk at 246-4444.