By booking a room you are agreeing to the below:
- Are first-come, first-served and are booked online through our online reservation system.
- Only Madison College students may book and use Madison College Library and Student Achievement Center group study rooms. Staff and faculty may not reserve the group study rooms.
- Reservations are held for 10 minutes. After that the room may be given to someone else.
- Are not guaranteed. If there is a problem we will do our best to contact you.
- Students can reserve up to two hours per day; no more than four hours per week.
- Students working in the same group cannot make back-to-back reservations
- Students working with audio in the rooms should keep the volume low or use headphones.
- Rooms are not to be used for testing.
- Food is not allowed in the rooms; covered beverages only.
- Library and/or Student Achievement Center staff and other Madison College personnel monitor the use of rooms and room equipment.
- All equipment and room keys must be returned 30 minutes prior to the Libraries' or Student Achievement Centers' closing.
- Exiting the Libraries or Student Achievement Centers with the room key is not permitted. Staff will hold the key at the front desk should you need to leave for a quick (i.e. 10 min.) break. The Libraries or Student Achievement Centers reserve the right to give the room to someone else should a break become lengthier. Please speak to a librarian or Student Achievement Center staff member before leaving for a break if there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you need any special accommodations, talk to a librarian or Student Achievement Center staff member.
Security & Responsibilities...
- Madison College Libraries and/or Student Achievement Centers are not responsible for any damaged or lost data incurred while using equipment in the group study rooms. Be sure to clear all personal data on monitors in group study rooms.
- All Madison College policies apply including: Madison College Libraries computer use policies, Madison College computer-use policies and the Madison College Student Code of Conduct.
- You agree to report any and all problems with the equipment in the rooms.
- You agree to accept responsibility for loss, theft, damage, and/or replacement of the equipment or equipment parts in the rooms.
- You agree not to alter current hardware and software configurations or install any additional software on room equipment.
- Students should have no expectation of privacy.
- Students who violate these policies are subject to having their Madison College Libraries and/or Student Achievement Center group study room and/or equipment borrowing privileges suspended or revoked.
- Students must comply with copyright laws when creating material. Refer to Madison College copyright policies
- You must comply with the same ADA and safety regulations followed by Madison College while using the equipment or group study rooms.
- You agree to use equipment safely and securely without causing barriers or trip hazards to those around you.
Cancellation and contact information...
- If you must cancel, please do so ASAP by clicking on the cancelation link in the booking confirmation email you will receive.
- If you have any questions please contact the Truax Library at 608-246-6640, Truax Student Achievement Center at 608-246-6125, or ask your regional librarian.