1. Use Library Databases! See the links below and follow to find what information is available on your chosen author!
2. Try the web to find:
3. Use the links on each of the Wisconsin & Minnesota Authors pages of this guide to see what information you can find on your author.
4. If you need help using databases or evaluating the information you find on the web, take a look at our HOWLER tutorials!
5. Remember, it might be difficult to find biographical information on some of the area's more obscure authors.
6. Talk to a librarian or contact us in any of the ways listed on the Libraries' Reference and Research Help Page. We can save you some time and frustration!
These free web-based tools can help create and manage your citations for your research papers. Always check with your instructor to see if it is okay to use these.