In Fall 2020, we implemented new policies regarding checking out physical items to keep everyone safe, and these policies will be effective for the Spring 2021 semester as well. We strongly recommend using e-books and e-audiobooks as an alternative to physical materials. We have been purchasing new e-resources that can be accessed from the safety of your home.
New temporary changes in policy include:
- Current students, faculty, and staff can request items online through the Library Catalog by using the "Material Pick-up" button.
- Plan accordingly as campus delivery service is only running on Monday and Thursday each week. Plan for a few days before you receive your item(s).
- Items checked out after 3:00 pm on Thursdays might not be available until the following Monday.
- Items must be picked up within 5 days from the date it is available. You will receive an email when your item(s) is available.
- Checkouts are for the full semester. All items will be due back on, or before, 5/14/2021.
- Items checked out for 3 weeks or more may be subject to recall if the item is in high demand.
- Only 10 items per user can be checked out at a time. Please enjoy unlimited e-book checkouts.
- The following formats are not available for check-out: anatomy models, equipment, feature films, reference items, and reserve items. Instead, try Gale Interactive Human Anatomy, borrow equipment from the college, try our Kanopy or Films on Demand streaming film databases, Credo Reference, and the college bookstore.
- Interlibrary Loan physical material is not available. Most institutions are not loaning. We are still able to provide Interlibrary Loan online articles.
- New requests for a UW-Madison free borrowing card can not be granted this semester. The UW has made this decision.
- Truax-owned items can be sent to other campuses, but regional and Goodman South items will require in-person pick-up at that campus.
- Truax items will be placed in a locked cabinet outside of the library. Locker numbers and a 5 digit pin will be emailed to Madison College email addresses as items are placed in the cabinet. Overflow items will be available at the Welcome Center on the first floor. Instructions will be emailed.
- Truax items can be delivered to any of the other campuses with the "Material Pick-up" button, but the inter-campus delivery is limited and only runs on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Goodman South, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg, and Watertown items will be held at the front desk for pick-up. Please present photo identification.
- If you need special accommodations or have additional questions, please contact us.