We have a variety of resources available to support students who are working on creating or editing multimedia projects for academic purposes, as well as some collaborative multimedia workspaces.
We're here to help!
Students are responsible for their work and for saving their files. Your H drive (home directory) won’t have enough space for multimedia projects. A USB flash drive or external hard drive may be useful. We do have some flash drives on reserve for checkout at the reserve desk.
Keep in mind that multimedia projects take a lot of time, so please plan accordingly.
Multimedia rooms are frequently in use, so you should book a room ahead of time.
Madison College Libraries YouTube
Projects and Assignments
Typical multimedia assignments our students may be working on:
- Adding audio narration to Powerpoint presentations
- Recording a podcast, vlog, PSA or videocast for a class assignment
- Editing short video projects such as a speech or class presentation
- Creatingand practicing group presentations
- Studying or working collaboratively
- Viewing academic media as a small group
Gadgets, Gizmos and Library Resources
Always carefully read your assignment instructions.
Then re-read the instructions.
If you have questions about the assignment, ask your instructor.
Multimedia projects take a lot of time, so plan accordingly.
You can add photos, text or images to your movie.
Check out these resources and get help, if needed.
Be creative, and have fun!