Linking to Safari Books Online
Access thousands of technology and business books online.
Note: Our current Madison College subscription is limited to 3 users at a time.
Safari Persistent Links
- Links can be created to a particular item in Safari
- Anyone who uses a durable or persistent link must also have access to the database
- Off-campus users must authenticate (log in with their college username and password) to Madison College Libraries via ezproxy
- Off campus users who click on a Madison College EZproxy persistent link will be prompted to enter their username and password
To create a Safari persistent link (durable url) which will allow off-campus access through EZproxy:
- Access Safari electronic books from the Library webpage.
- Seach for a book and click "Start Reading".
- At the top of any page or chapter, Click on the URL icon. Use Ctrl-C to copy the URL.
- If the Madison College EZproxy prefix https://ezproxy.madisoncollege.edu/login?url= is not already included at the start of the persistent link, use the Madison Area Technical College EZproxy URL Creator to append the prefix to the persistent link.
- Paste the entire persistent link with the Madison Area Technical College EZproxy prefix into your document, Blackboard, webpage, or email.
- Test the link.
Safari Madison Area Technical College EZproxy link examples:
Making E-Learning Stick by Barbara Carnes
Podcasting for Trainers and Educators by Nandini Shastry; David P. Gillespie
Windows 8: Visual Quickstart Guide by Barrie Sosinsky